You can book your trip by calling the shop directly at 307-733-3699.
We take half the trip as a deposit at the time of booking. After that you have up to six days before your trip to cancel for any reason and receive a refund. If you cancel within 5 days, we will hold your deposit and if you cancel the day of, we will collect the total.
One great aspect of the rivers that we guide on is that most of them can be fished by everyone from absolute beginners to those with years of experience and a vast amount of expertise. We can accommodate anyone of any skill level. When booking the trip, be sure to notify the booking agent that of your skill level. We will match you with the perfect water and the perfect Snake river fishing guide for your abilities.
Your guide will be a professional Snake River Angler guide staff member who has met all requirements to work for our outfit and on the waters specifically regulate by management agencies (Grand Teton National Park, Bridger Teton National Forest, Bureau of land Management, etc.). Feel free to request a guide from our guide staff available on our website (note that not all guides might have their bios published). You can also explain to the booking agent any concerns you may have in regard to matching upa guide that best matches your needs. You and your guide should be in contact with each other one to two days prior to the day of our trip.
Your guide will have almost everything that you will need – rod and reel setups, waders, etc. However, any equipment that you have and that you are comfortable with, feel free to bring along. At the very least each member of a party should have proper attire for the time of year that you will be fishing. Be sure to dress in layers and expect both cold temperatures and uncomfortably warm temperature. The waters you will be fishing will range from 5,000 feet to 7,800 feet in elevation. Our guides fish in everything from 32 degrees with snow and wind to 95 degrees with no cloud cover to speak of. Be prepared for anything. If you have any questions regarding equipment or attire, be sure to address them to the booking agent or your guide prior to the trip.
If you need anything specific on the day of the trip, Snake River Angler fly shops will have just about everything from rods to fleece to sunglasses and sunscreen.
Terminal tackle (specifically flies and leader) and fishing licenses are not included with the trip. You can bring your own or purchase these items at one of our shops.
Most parties will meet their Snake River fishing guide at one of two Snake River Angler fly shops. Under certain circumstances, guides can pick up you and your party at your place of lodging. Some waters will require the party to meet their guide at a predetermined location.
You can request almost any water you wish to fish. However, be aware that not all streams and lakes fish the same no matter what time of year it is. We urge you to discuss possible fishing locations with your guide or with our shop staff. Both the guide and the shop staff will make every effort to have you on the water that you request and that best suits your needs. At certain times, a river or lake your trip is booked on can become unfishable due to water and weather conditions. If this is the case your guide will discuss these alternative possibilities with you. One advantage to our location is that there is almost always somewhere to fish at any time of the season. We will do everything we can to get you on the best water possible.
The length of a fishing trip is completely at the discretion of you and your party. Half day trips are generally between 3 ½ hours and 5 hours in duration. Full day trips can be anywhere from 6 to 14 hours in duration. It is all up to you. If you have any concerns regarding time constraints or stamina issues, be sure to discuss them with shop staff, your guide, or your booking agent. We will do everything possible to match you with the water that best meets your needs.
Like all service industries, gratuity is completely at the discretion of you and your party. General guidelines are to follow a 15 to 20 percent gratuity rate.
- The River – Most of the rivers that we guide on are difficult and demanding. Despite the fact that Snake River Angler has an impeccable safety record, safety on the water is something that you and your party will need to keep in mind. Some sections of river require personal flotation devices that your guide will provide. Please follow all safety instructions that your Snake River fishing guide gives you while you are on the river.
- Wildlife – Remember that you will be on rivers teeming with wildlife. While most forms of wildlife are more afraid of you than you are of it, others require special attention, especially moose and bear. Your guide will have intimate knowledge of the water you are fishing and will let you know of any special concerns regarding wildlife. Be sure to heed his or her advice and instructions.
- Medical Issues – Perhaps the biggest safety issue for you and your party are ones that you bring with you, particularly allergies and stamina.
- The most common allergies of concern on our trips are those related to bee stings and foods. Be sure to inform your booking agent or your guide of any allergies. While most of our guides have epinephrine kits, they are not required by our shop or any of the management agencies under which we guide. If you do not have such medication with you, please request that your guide does.
- Stamina issues result because individuals are not acclimated to the sudden change in elevation they experience while visiting our area. One of the most important things an individual can do to stave off the effects of a sudden change in elevation is to stay hydrated (drink more water than you think you need to) and keep your skin covered as much as possible. Your guide will recognize the affects of dehydration quickly. Follow any instructions he or she gives you.
Heading Out on a SRA Trip?
We have everything you need to know about your trip on our site. Click the button below to find out how to be prepared for your adventure with Snake River Anglers.GET READY