Join our team of qualified guides
We are always looking for qualified guides and shop staff. If you’re interested in working with us, swing by and drop off a resume and cover letter. You can also email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Fishing Outfitter in Jackson Hole
Many thanks to all of those who voted for our guides and shops “Best Fishing Outfitter” in the PlanetJH “Best of Jackson Hole.” And congratulations to all winners. Together we make our community better.
We are currently looking for:
Retail Shop Staff
Spend your summer living in and fishing Jackson Hole!
Snake River Angler is looking for Shop Staff to join our team for the 2020 season. Looking to start a career in Fly Fishing? For motivated a team player this is it! A great opportunity to train alongside expert guides and local legends.
Our Shop Staff should be ready to work in a dynamic environment that includes retail sales, fly fishing lessons, shuttles when needed and more. Those who excel are those who see what needs to be done and do it. We have a short summer and need to make the most of it!
We are willing to train the right candidate.
-The Position is May 1st-October 31st.
-Booking Guided Fishing and Scenic Float Trips over the phone and in person.
-It has a strong focus on retail sales.
-General tasks in the shop, not limited too but including maintaining a knowledge of inventory, keeping the floor stock and general cleaning and maintenance tasks.
-Will Include teaching fishing lessons as needed.
-Paid Hourly DOQ and per fishing lesson.
-Fly Shop or Retail Experience.
-CPR/First Aid or the willingness to get.
-Clean Drivers License
-Desire to fish on days off and learn the local rivers.
-Fly and Spin experience
-Ability to work long days and still provide exceptional customer service.
-Social Media/POS/Booking system experience a plus.
Housing available to full season employees.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
- Fishing knowledge/background
- Retail experience a plus
- Able to work weekends
- Local accommodations
Snake River Angler and Scenic Float Trips is looking to hire an experienced fishing guide with an extensive background in fly-fishing. Knowledge of the rivers of the region, as well as entomology, gear, and fishing techniques is essential. Safety is our number one concern, and all guides must have applicable training and certifications. Our guides create lasting memories for our clients, which include an interpretive background of natural and cultural history of Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide professional, safe, and educational fishing trips on area waters (including National Parks, National Forest, and BLM)
- Own their own gear, including drift boat and trailer, and enough fishing equipment to produce a positive experience for all clients
- Must be proficient in Jackson Hole history, both natural and cultural, including protection efforts and goals of our resources
- CPR/Wilderness First-Aid certifications, as well as Swiftwater Rescue training.
- Clean driving record
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to adhere to the policies of Snake River Angler and Scenic Float Trips
- Keep accurate logs of all trips and understanding of permitting policy and procedures
- Willingness to work demanding long hours for our entire season (usually April/May to late October)
Scenic Float Guide
Snake River Angler and Scenic Float Trips is looking for a scenic float guide to start Spring of 2019 who is passionate about sharing our amazing backyard with guests. Many of our floats begin in gorgeous Grand Teton National Park, so knowledge of the region and resources is a must (we’ve got some books to help). Providing a safe and enjoyable trip for everyone can be tough, especially through the long hours and many consecutive days on the water. All guides must have applicable training and certifications before guiding any guests.
Guide Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must have experience with large rafts and big water
- CPR/First-Aid and Swiftwater Rescue certifications
- Clean driving record and ability to drive company vehicles safely
- Knowledge of the region (especially Grand Teton National Park)
- Ability and willingness to adhere to an interpretive program that educates guests about numerous topics, including:
- Flora and fauna
- Responsible use of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Acknowledge and safely manage changing conditions
- Treat guests and coworkers with courtesy and respect
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team
- Keep vans and rafts clean and in good working order
- Willingness to work demanding long hours for our entire season (usually early May to late September)
- Ability to multi-task and self motivated